Registration Opens for Fall 2011 AASM Sleep Education Series Courses
AASM Weekly Update
Friday, May 6, 2011
This fall, the AASM will host several educational courses at the AASM national office in Darien, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago). Registration is now open for several of these courses and space is limited; with many courses expected to sell out as physicians prepare to take the November sleep medicine certification exam, be sure to register early to reserve your space and save on registration fees:
For more information about these courses, and to register, visit the Sleep Education Series portion of the AASM website. Questions may be directed to the AASM meeting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-737-9700.
- Interpreting Sleep Studies (Sept. 23–24 or Sept. 25–26): Evaluate your knowledge of sleep study interpretation at this course, which will be offered twice in 2011.
- Pharmacology and Sleep Medicine (Oct. 1–2): Receive a comprehensive review of current pharmacologic treatments for sleep disorders.
- Workshops in Sleep Medicine: Portable Monitoring (Oct. 15): Attend this full-day workshop to review topics including patient assessment and scoring of portable studies.
- Workshops in Sleep Medicine: CPAP Adherence (Oct. 16): Review the mechanical, behavioral and social aspects of CPAP non-adherence and learn strategies to increase compliance at this new full-day workshop.
- Board Review Practice Exams (Oct. 29 or Oct. 30): Assess your preparation for the sleep medicine board exam during one of these full-day practice exam courses, which will be offered approximately two weeks before the exam.