Making the most of your trip to Boston for SLEEP 2012
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
For the first time since 1994, the SLEEP Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies, LLC (APSS) is coming to Boston! Located in Boston’s Back Bay, SLEEP 2012 will be held June 9–13, 2012 at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center. Take advantage of the opportunity to participate in this exciting event and to enjoy the many sites and activities found in this historic city:
- History: Boston is home of the Freedom Trail as well as several important U.S. historical sites including the USS Constitution, Trinity Church, Beacon Hill, Old North Church and the Bunker Hill Monument, just to name a few.
- Music: Visit Symphony Hall for a performance of the famed Boston Symphony Orchestra (Boston Pops).
- Harvard and MIT: Take a trip across the Charles River to Cambridge, home of Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology campuses and their many squares, cafes and shops.
- Museums and Parks: Tour though any of the city’s many museums including the Museum of Fine Arts, Institute of Contemporary Art, or Children’s Museum, or stroll through parks and gardens at Boston Common.
- Shopping: Within walking distance of SLEEP 2012, attendees can find a variety of shopping opportunities including the boutiques of Newbury Street, designer shops at Copley Place Mall and stores at the Shops at Prudential Center (connected to the Convention Center).
- Sports: Only a short cab ride away from the meeting, take a trip to Fenway Park as the Boston Red Sox Major League Baseball team takes on the Washington Nationals from June 8-10.
- And More: Plan for your trip and learn more about the many activities offered throughout the city through the APSS Boston Guide or at www.bostonusa.com.
Also be sure to reserve your hotel room for SLEEP 2012 now; discounted rooms can be booked through the APSS Housing Bureau through May 17, 2012 or until the reserved hotel room blocks sell out. For more information about hotels, leisure activities or the annual meeting program and schedule, visit the meeting’s website at www.sleepmeeting.org.