Make Sleep Matter in Washington
Support the AASM Political Action Committee
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine Political Action Committee (AASM PAC) is a bi-partisan political action committee which assists in supporting sleep medicine-friendly legislators in their Congressional elections. This support opens doors for expressing our viewpoints and the need for and value of sleep care services for our individual patients, sleep care research and the sleep-related public health implications. By contributing to the AASM PAC, you will shape the outlook of sleep medicine.
The AASM PAC:
- Is a bi-partisan political action committee.
- Assists sleep medicine-friendly legislators in their Congressional elections.
- Will improve access in allowing our voice to be heard in Congress.
- Will further our success in promoting the value of sleep research.
- Will allow us to spread our message of quality patient sleep care.
AASM Government Action
The AASM PAC has been a vital tool to help the AASM:
- Raise awareness of sleep medicine and sleep disorders at a governmental level.
- Position itself on issues relevant to the practice of sleep medicine including new delivery models for sleep and reimbursement for sleep medicine physicians.
- Secure future government funding opportunities for sleep research.